The Church Leadership recognises the importance of its ministry to children and young people and its responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of children and young people entrusted to the church’s care.
As part of its mission, the Church is committed to:
- Valuing, listening to and respecting children and young people as well as promoting their welfare and protection.
- Safe recruitment, supervision and training for all the children’s/youth workers within the church.
- Adopting a procedure for dealing with concerns about possible abuse.
- Encouraging and supporting parents/carers.
- Supporting those affected by abuse in the church.
- Maintaining good links with the statutory childcare authorities and other organisations.
Those who work with vulnerable adults at Life Church are expected to offer care in ways which uphold the dignity and value of the individual.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Life Church operates Child Safeguarding Policies and procedures as well as a Vulnerable Adult Policy and procedures. We expect workers to keep to the relevant policies and we give training and put in place oversight to ensure this happens. We follow a safe recruiting process for paid and volunteer workers, including DBS checks for those who are aged 16+.
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Tel: 023 80676599 | Email: email@example.com
OTHER USEFUL NUMBERS
Thirtyone:eight 24 hr helpline: 0303 003 11 11
NSPCC helpline: 0800 800 5000
ChildLine: (if you are under 18) 0800 1111